[ebooktalk] Re: BOUDICA: DREAMING THE EAGLE

  • From: "Steven Bingham" <steven.bingham1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 22:51:19 +0100

It's definitely worth the effort - I was interested in the subject but
rather put off by the ['dreamer' aspect but I think it works very well and
it is a very plausible world. That may be because I think it owes something
to Australian native culture.

I find it fascinating that all imperial cultures make the assumption that
the peoples they wish to dominate are inferior savages. The Romans certainly
did. The Spanish in South America and the British everywhere. The Russians
in their heyday applied the same principle in a political way and I suspect
that American financial interests are doing the same in their realm. I
wonder what the Chinese will be thinking as their domination grows!

Steve