[early-trauma-protocol] Re: Fwd: Free Hour of CE with Bessel van der Kolk...

  • From: Lynaia Freund <lynaiamft@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "early-trauma-protocol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <early-trauma-protocol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 13:52:14 -0700

Thanks Beth. I really appreciated what Bessel had to share and I agree with
you, those were my thoughts, too. The other things he mentioned are very useful
in calming down what I refer to as the peddle-to-the-metal relentless
reactivity of the body's alert systems. I haven't found them very useful for
containment but more as retraining of sorts for the nervous system, getting and
learning to stay grounded in the body and in the present as well as self
soothing and self regulation. All of which I personally find useful and so have
many of my clients. I use them as side-along to EMDR.

I Was just working on the survey during lunch and have a fair bit to say about
the need for something more secure for containment/closure. I, too have found
that often the brain does not want to stop, close or contain once the reviewing
has started. We need to find or developed more strategies for this. Just my
opinion. Lynaia

Sent from my iPad