[eagleengineering] Re: shooter belts

  • From: scott morgan <thriteenthmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: eagleengineering@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 20:44:02 -0800 (PST)

I just checked the specs these fp motors are actually more powerfull than
previous years, but I guess we'll see if that will make a difference

at 8,000 rpm the motors have a torque of .2 Nm
*2 motors* 5:1 gear reduction= 2 Nm
the pulley has about a 2 inch radius which is equal to about .051 meters
2/.051= 39.2 newtons
our ball weighs .185 kg but I'm going to go with .2 do to the tolerances of the
manufacturing process
the accelration of the ball will be 39.2/.2 m/s^2=196 m/s^2

the travel of the ball along the belts will be 25/2-6.3(the circumfrance of a
pulley*2 pulleys) + 4 inches (the radius of a pulley* 2 pulleys)
which comes out to 10.2 inches
which is equivelent to .259 meters

we can now calculate the time that it will take the ball to accelerate across
the belt
.259=1/2*196*t^2
.259=98*t^2
.259/98=t^2
.0026=t^2
.051=t
the ball will accelerate for a period of .051 seconds
which allows us to solve for the final velocity of the ball
which is 9.996 m/s

so evidently I screwed up somehow either simply by assuming that the fisher
price motors had the same specs as this years or somewhere along the
mathmatical proccess

also I noticed yesterday that McMaster sells 75 inch v belts which I think
could be a possibilty for the loading mechanism however I'm unsure as to wether
or not it would be long enough for the second stage of the loader

Art Connolly <connollyar@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:       Before we order longer
belts, could we see the  calculations. Potential problem with interior space
with longer  belts.  See an email I'm about to send.

 Art