[duxuser] Re: taking a transcriber certificate

  • From: "Lisa Hall" <lhall007@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 19:10:36 -0500

Hi Heba,

Eligibility for the Braille Transcription Courses

To qualify for enrollment, a person must be a high school graduate, a
citizen or resident of the United States, or a U.S. citizen residing in a
foreign country.
See http://www.nfb.org/nfb/Braille_Certification.asp?SnID=2005579968.

For more information

Contact Jennifer Dunnam, Manager of Braille Programs
National Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute
Phone: (612) 767-5658
E-mail: transcribers@xxxxxxx

As of January 4, 2007, National Federation of the Blind will be providing
training materials for anyone wishing to take the braille transcription
courses in literary braille transcribing, literary braille proofreading,
mathematics braille transcribing, mathematics braille proofreading, and
music braille transcribing.
Everyone must take the Literary Braille Transcribing before taking any of
the advanced courses.
If anyone have questions about braille transcription, don't hesitate to
contact me privately at lhall007@xxxxxxxxxxxx or visit
http://www.lisa-halls-world.org to learn more about braille.

Lisa Hall, President
National Association of Blind Office Professionals (NABOP)

"It's not over until I win!"--Les Brown

New web page:
http://www.lisa-halls-world.org

Phone: (513) 931-7070