[duxuser] Re: regarding the lysons floppy disk

  • From: "Peter Donahue" <pdonahue1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 00:08:31 -0600

hello Troy and listers,

    No it's not like the Jaws authorization keys which you must install on
the computer where you want to run that program.  The Duxbury license disk
contains a license number which must be read in to Duxbury in order for the
program to run.  I called them a week ago to ask the same question as I was
wondering if I would be fighting authorization key wars myself.  I was
reminded of the short falls of that system when my computer crashed two
weeks ago and I lost another Jaws authorization key.  Luckily I had two left
and was able to install one of them on my new computer.  I'm sure glad we
don't have to tangle with that mess where Duxbury is concerned.

Peter Donahue