[duxuser] Re: paper costs

  • From: Dave Durber <dadurber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 10:03:44 -0400

Hello George:

I think you misunderstood what I was actually saying.

I wasn't referring to books, booklets, pamphlets and other materials
that would need covers.

In my E-mail, when I wrote, "Assuming that the material you are
printing on the paper is braille, the question then becomes, what the
use is a printed logo for someone who cannot see it, and therefore
cannot appreciate it."

My comment was in regard to the paper in the body of a publication on
which the braille is embossed.

I was making the point that producing braille is expensive enough,
without adding the cost of printing a logo on every sheet of paper
which is an unnecessary expense.

However, if a business or an individual who produces braille materials
and who do not use covers for their publications, I can see the need
for printed information to be on the front sheet of paper.

In the U.S.A. it is common to see publications from the big braille
producing organizations, produce books without any form of covers on
them to protect the braille.  In my opinion, this practice is very
tacky, very cheap and not professional.

When I ran my company HotKey Systems, All of our publications were
shipped with covers including print and braille labels on them.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber