[duxuser] Re: number of lines per page

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 09:19:53 +0100

Hi Vivian,

You don't mention which version you are running, but the following
should cover 10.5 thru 10.7 (SR1)

It sounds like you may not in fact have the correct Form Size
selected.

First, we need to determine what depth of paper you are actually
using.  If you don't have a ruler to hand, count the number of
sprocket holes down the side of one sheet.  The holes are every half
an inch, and so an 11 inch sheet would have 22 holes.  (Here in the
UK, we tend to use more 12 inch paper, and so there are 24 holes)

Now go to DBT's Global Menu: Embosser Setup,  and ensure that your
embosser is highlighted under Brailler Device.  Tab down to the
Desired Braille Document Formatting Section, and specifically the
"Form" drop own list box.  There are usually two widths - Wide and
Narrow - Wide is usually for paper which can accept around 40
characters per line, while narrow is usually around 30 - 32
characters.

However, it is "length which you need to watch out for.  If it is 11
inch paper you have, you will need to select that size.

There is one other aspect worth looking at while you are here.  Click
on "Modify Embosser", which will bring up a 3 pane dialog.  Navigate
to the "Device Settings" tab, and ensure that the check box named,
"Allow Escape Codes" is checked.  This will ensure that the embosser
does what DBT tells it to do in terms of form size.

Finally, if you are attempting to re-emboss previously saved
documents, open them and go to Document: Embosser setup, and check the
Form size there.  This is because DBT saves form settings for each
document.

George.