[duxuser] Re: maps in braille

  • From: "Lisa Yayla" <lisa.yayla@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 13:25:02 +0100

Hi Ketan,

If you mean by making maps manually that you take found objects and then
perhaps thermoform them after,  a suggestion would be to contact the
Accessible Image elist at
 //www.freelists.org/archives/accessibleimage/
The list deals with tactile images (maps, diagrams, illustrations etc.)
for the visually impaired.
If however you are interested in including maps with Duxburry using a
Brailler, then the program QikTac works very nicely (imports into
Duxburry). The detail is not as great as you would get with a Tiger or
swelling, but one can do a lot with it.
All the best,
Lisa

duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx skriver:
>Hi listers,
>
>I work at the National Association for the Blind in India at the braille
>press.  I wish to know as to how to make maps/graphs in braille
>manually.  What are the appliances required and where can we get them?
>we do not have tiger and do not like computer maps.
>
>Ketan Kothari
>Mumbai India

Lisa Yayla
Huseby Kompetansesenter