[duxuser] Re: interline printing

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 09:45:02 -0000

Hi Rick,

Many thanks for the details.

Ink printing can be a shade tricky to set up initially,
since there are a number of variables which affect what ends
up of the page.  That said, I would have expected,
"Auto-determine point size for printed output" to have
scaled the font to provide a full page.

The back translation error does indeed need to be looked at.

I have reported both issues to Software Development.  Many
thanks for taking the trouble to point these out.

George bell.

Boggess
> Sent: 01 November 2004 02:37
> To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [duxuser] Re: nterline printing
>
> George, I am using a Romeo 25 printer on 11 by 11.5 inch
> paper.  My printer is an hp 610C.  On the Romeo I'm using
> 40 character line and 25 lines per page with top margin 1.

> My ink printer is set to 1-inch margins with 65 characters

> per line.  For the print font, I have the setting to
automatic.

> I typed the document in as a print file.  I then
translated
> the file and embossed the raille copy which turned out
fine.
> The problem occurred when I printed the embossed file on
the
> inkjet printer.  If the page is full, the bottom one to
two
> lines are cut off.  The interline feature was checked.
> The simulated braille seemed fine, but in print
"cloudy/partly cloudy"
> showed up as "cloudystpartly cloudy."
>
> Rick

Bell
> Sent: Sunday, October 31, 2004 12:44 PM
> To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [duxuser] Re: nterline printing
>
> Hi Rick,
>
> Can you please specify which embosser you are using, as
well
> as size of paper?
>
> Could you also be a shade more specific about the slash St

> error please, such as the steps you took to produce it?
>
> George.

in
> print.  By the way, I'm using 10.5.
>
> Rick Boggess

> * as the subject to <duxuser-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You
may also
> * subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and other
subscription
> * options by visiting //www.freelists.org.  The list
archive
http://www.duxburysystems.com
> * * *
>

> This Message has been scanned for viruses by McAfee
Groupshield.