[duxuser] help with perky duck

  • From: Rebecca Ilniski <rilniski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2014 17:45:26 -0500

Hi everyone. I'm not sure where to post this since I know this list is just for duxbury but here's the situation. i'm using perky Duck for the Braille course from nfb. In perky duck I have a 40 cell line and 25 lines per page. I've tried brailling these sentences on a 40 cell slate but wish to use perky duck so that I don't have to send snail mail for whatever lessons I can send via email. The issue I'm facing is that when I go to emboss the perky duck file the lines on the paper that I brailled and the lines in the file don't match up. So for word division it actually adds the word on the next line so for example let's say I have the word physiology. I am near the end of the 40 cell line so I type phyand hyphen and go to the next line and finish the word on the slate. It's not showing up this way in perky duck. In Perky Duck it shows up as phy then a hyphen and then siology. Is there a setting somewhere that needs to be changed or how can one successfully use perky duck with speech and know where each character is being placed? Is Perky duck more for sighted users? Thanks for any help you can give.

--
Rebecca and Zeb
email: rilniski@xxxxxxxxx

* as the subject to duxuser-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx . You may also