[duxuser] forcing conditional blank page

  • From: Teri McElroy <teri@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dbt <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 16:20:35 +1200

Hi

Recently a query came through the list about using the [sd1] and [sd0]
codes to force a blank page in dbt.  This got me thinking.

Can someone tell me, is there a command which will tell dbt to
conditionally force a blank page?

When I'm transcribing, I do my preliminary pages, and I like the main
body of text to start on an odd page i.e page 1 on the front side of
the page.  sometimes my prelims finish on the front side of a page,
and I want to leave the back blank, so that the main text starts on
the front side again.

Up until now, I have had to first translate the braille, then count
the prelims and insert a [pg] code just before the [pv1~] code if I
found I needed to make the back of the last preliminary page blank.  I
tried using the [sd] code, but when I went to generate my contents,
dbt told me in was inside a stile, and wanted to put the contents
above it.  This didn't happen when I had the [pg] code.  Please don't
get side tracked on to this, as this is not what I'm querying.

Anyway, it occurred to me that it would be good if there was a code I
could leave in the file I use for all my preliminary pages which would
tell dbt to automatically put in the blank page only if it was needed,
then I wouldn't have to remember.  sometimes I have embossed some
proofing, and forgotten to count the prelims to make sure they were an
even number.  If there was a conditional code I could use, this would
fix the problem.  Maybe I'm being too ambitious but just thought I'd
ask.

Teri