[duxuser] Re: extra page embossing out between 2 text pages

  • From: David Holladay <david@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 10:20:08 -0600

I recall that the VersaPoint embosser has problems switching between text
and graphics.
These issues were most pronounced on the early BP1A models. I think there
were some
problems with all VersaPoints.

My problem is that I do not have any notes about the exact nature of the
bug, but I seem
to recall that after switching back and forth, the VersaPoint thinks a page
is full when
there is plenty of space still to go. To be specific, in graphics mode, the
embosser
needs to know that it can fit more characters per line and more lines per
page than in
text mode. Some combinations of switching back and forth between text and
graphics cause
the VersaPoint to use the cell limitations of text while in graphics mode.

I seem to recall that this bug may be triggered when you try to fill the
maximum number of
lines per page.

My recomendations are:

-- see if your embosser can have a ROM upgrade (contact Freedom Scientific)
-- see if the problem goes away if you scale back your page size
   (experiment both with limiting the data and configuring the embosser for
fewer lines per page)
-- use a different embosser

I hope this helps. I wish I had kept better notes.

-- David Holladay