[duxuser] Re: e acute symbol in dxp documents

  • From: "Lloyd G. Rasmussen" <lras@xxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 08:43:34 -0500

You can enter accent marks the old-fashioned way:  put a percent sign where
you want the dot 4 to occur.  This gives you the percent sign when
associated with numbers, but accents the next letter within words.

At 08:20 AM 3/6/03 +1300, you wrote:
>Hi Judith and Moya
>
>Thanks very much both of you but I can't find e acute in the codes
>under f5, or at least nothing called e acute or acute e or accent e or
>anything like that.  I also can't get the alt code to work because it
>just does nothing.  I'm using window-eyes and the alt key either
>brings up the menu bar, or if I press the numbers on the numpad
>quickly, it just says nothing.  I've tried with the bypass key then
>the alt combination as well but no joy.  Someone else has given me a
>handy tip to do the e acute in word using control apostrophe then the
>e, but it would still be nice to know how to do it in dbt so I didn't
>have to import from word if just wanting to write one word like the
>french words for "copyright" on the fly.
>
>Thanks anyway for your help and if anyone knows how to get those alt
>combos to work I'd still be interested in any hints you may have.
>
>Teri McElroy
>
>Make the most of today
>because tomorrow never comes.

Braille is the solution to the digital divide.
Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Staff Engineer
National Library Service f/t Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress    (202) 707-0535  <lras@xxxxxxx>
<http://www.loc.gov/nls>
HOME:  <lras@xxxxxxxxxxx>       <http://lras.home.sprynet.com>
The opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent
those of NLS.