[duxuser] Re: e acute symbol in dxp documents

  • From: Steve Dresser <s.dresser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 16:36:17 -0500

Teri,

All the codes you want are in the list, but you'll have to use the arrow keys to find them instead of typing the letter E. There are codes for both upper and lower case E acute, and the upper case one is the 17th one down from the top of the list (unless I've counted wrong, which is always possible). You'll have to arrow down several more times to get to the one for lower case. Sorry, I didn't count how many times, but trust me, it's there.

Steve

On Wednesday 3/5/03 14:20 Teri McElroy wrote:

Hi Judith and Moya

Thanks very much both of you but I can't find e acute in the codes
under f5, or at least nothing called e acute or acute e or accent e or
anything like that.  I also can't get the alt code to work because it
just does nothing.  I'm using window-eyes and the alt key either
brings up the menu bar, or if I press the numbers on the numpad
quickly, it just says nothing.  I've tried with the bypass key then
the alt combination as well but no joy.  Someone else has given me a
handy tip to do the e acute in word using control apostrophe then the
e, but it would still be nice to know how to do it in dbt so I didn't
have to import from word if just wanting to write one word like the
french words for "copyright" on the fly.

Thanks anyway for your help and if anyone knows how to get those alt
combos to work I'd still be interested in any hints you may have.

Teri McElroy

Make the most of today
because tomorrow never comes.