[duxuser] dxb attachments & saving a translated file

  • From: FinaCurrey <fcurrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 12:40:12 -0500

Good afternoon George and Listers:

First, I sent a friend an attachment of a cookbook that i formatted and translated into braille. I sent it as an attachment called "Meals Across the Miles.dxb" (without the quotes of course!! and when she got the file, she opened it and tried to emboss it. What happened, was that on some of the ingredients, it messed up the formatting. For example, a recipe that read: 2-1/2 it printed out as 2111/2; yet, when i brailled the file and looked at it, it was fine, it brailled correctly. Can anybody shed some light on this for me?

Secondly, I wrote to you guys about this, got an answer and then i accidently erased the message (dummy me)! A friend of mine has a file that she wants to save to her braille n speak and then to be able to take it home and translate it
in duxbury and braille it out. She says that no matter what format she's saved it in, it will invariably print it out in grade 1 instead of grade 2. Could one of you tell me why and what can she do about this?

Thanks in advance and look forward to your many
helpful hints.

Respectfully,
Fina B. Currey
fcurrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx