[duxuser] Re: displayed material within interview

  • From: Dave Durber <dadurber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 11:54:11 -0500

I know that I've already responded to this message before.  Please
delete the previous response and use this one insteadd.  The reason is
that I forgot to include an instruction in the previous response
message.

Personally, I would enter the following codes in the order set out
below:

1.  Make sure that the cursor is on a new line, either by pressing the
<ENTER> key or if you are using styles, by making sure that the cursor
is on the Left Square Bracket of a beginning style code, such as the
paragraph style.  If you are creating the file yourself and you were
in a paragraph style, you need to press the <RIGHT ARROW> key to leave
the style and place the cursor in a blank space at the end of the
document.

2.  Use the [sc1:0] code to insert a conditional blank line between
the previous body of text and the following body of text.  This code
also has the advantage of dropping the blank line if the following
body of text begins at the top of a new page.

3.  Use the [ind3] command to set the left margin to cell three.

4.  Use the [rm3] code to bring the right margin in to cell 38, for
example, if the line length was set to 40 characters per line.

5.  Use the [tab5] code to start the first line of text in cell five,
if that is what you want.  But, if you want the text to begin at the
new margin position, then do not use this command.

6.  To Return the left and right margins back to their original
settings, use the commands: [rm0] and [ind0].

7.  Finally, use the [sc1:0] code to insert a conditional blank line
between the previous body of text an the next body of text.  This code
also has the advantage of dropping the blank line if the following
body of text begins at the top of a new page.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber