[duxuser] Another Duxuser List Moderator

  • From: Anne Ronco <anne@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 12:16:33 -0500

Hello listers,

I just wanted to re-introduce myself as another moderator of duxuser. You don't see much of me on the list because I very rarely need to publicly intervene, despite the large number of subscribers (over 300 at last count!). Duxuser is one of the most polite and netiquette-aware groups I have ever belonged to; it is a pleasure to moderate.

My main role here is to help people who need assistance with technical aspects of the list, such as subscribing and unsubscribing, although occasionally I have sent reminders to keep the discussion on-topic when it has drifted too far off (which happens very seldom). I have only had to ban someone once, and that was for continuing to spam the list after being reminded not to.

Since some of you have been wondering, I haven't seen any extended off-topic discussions or problems requiring my intervention lately.

I also want to point out that we have another list, duxnews, which is restricted to announcements from Duxbury Systems. If you want notification of new product releases from us, without the large volume of email you get on duxuser, you can switch your subscription to duxnews by unsubscribing from duxuser (see the end of this message for instructions--please PLEASE take care not to send the unsubscribe command to duxuser, unless you want to annoy over 300 people). Next, send a message to duxnews-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word "subscribe" in the subject line. Another option is to send a message privately to me at anne@xxxxxxxxxx and I will be happy to make the switch for you (just keep in mind that I am much slower than the automatic method I've outlined above and I take nights and weekends off <grin>).

If you have any comments or questions, please feel free to contact me directly at <anne@xxxxxxxxxx>.

Best regards,

Anne Ronco
email: Anne@xxxxxxxxxx

Duxbury Systems, Inc.
270 Littleton Road, #6; Westford, MA 01886-3523 USA
TEL: + 978-692-3000 FAX: + 978-692-7912
Email (general): info@xxxxxxxxxx
Web site: http://www.DuxburySystems.com
Duxbury Systems, the first name in software for Braille - since 1975.

* * * * This message is via list duxuser at freelists.org. * To unsubscribe, send a blank message with * unsubscribe * as the subject to . You may also * subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and other subscription * options by visiting http://www.freelists.org. The list archive * is also located there. * Duxbury Systems' web site is http://www.duxburysystems.com * * *