[duxuser] Re: dbt/ perky duck question

  • From: "Terri Pannett" <pann1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 12:16:11 -0800

* as the subject to <duxuser-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>.
* * *

Dear Maurine,

DBT will let you write in grade 2 braille.  You must create a new braille
document.  The f, d, s and j, k, l keys become the six braille keys.

If you have a braille display or notetaker like a BN, use it as your braille
display with your screen reader.  If you don't have a braille display, then
you must turn on the feature called "view translated line."  Your screen
reader will read the line for you.  I'm not a JAWS user, so I can't give you
specifics about setting things up, but someone else can.

Terri, Amateur Radio call sign KF6CA.  Army MARS call sign AAT9PX,
California