[duxuser] Re: brailleing issue

  • From: "R. Benson" <rbenson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 12:32:48 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

This may be a little late, but here is what I do. If the document is properly made, meaning the columns are made with the column feature in word vs with tabs, you can high light the text you need. Then under the format menu, there is a column option. Select that then select one. This will remove the columns and properly re-lay it out one - like a standard doc. Then you are set.

If you have office 2007, the keyboard commands are: ALT, P, J, then use arrow keys til One is highlighted. Then hit enter.

--
Ryan E. Benson
Department of Political Science

On Tue, 5 May 2009 at 16:11, Kaari Parrish wrote:

Okay, never mind. I usually end up “selecting all”, then copying and pasting an
entire rtf file straight into a new waiting duxbury file
mostly because I’m usually working on a textbook that’s printed in two columns.
Anything else runs the columns together and turns the
whole thing into garbage, even saving as a word file and importing.

But if it won’t emboss at all, I agree that this does indeed sound like an
embosser issue, and I wish you lots of luck with it!

Kaari