[duxuser] Re: ascii braille

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 14:19:24 -0000

Hi Flor,

I think you've perhaps missed the purpose of this table.

It represents what dots will appear when a specific ASCII
character is sent to a braille embosser, and/or what dots
will appear on the DBT screen when you are editing a Braille
file.  (Emphasis on "Braille")

Irrespective of language, rule table or whatever, If I
wanted to make dots 4,5,6 appear in my braille file, I would
press the underscore key on my PC's keyboard.  If I wanted
dots 1,4,6 to appear I would press the % key on the
keyboard.

This is entirely different from what we would type into a
.DXP, text or print file which we would then translate.  A
per cent sign in British braille is dots 2,5 followed by
1,2,3,4.  If I wanted to type that directly into my braille
file, I would type "3p". (without the quotes of course).

I hope I've made this clear now.

George.