[duxuser] Re: a problem with embossing

  • From: David Holladay <david@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 15:55:31 -0400

Denise:

DBT 10.5 was issued in Aug. 2004. Soon afterwards, we discovered some nasty problems lining up the front and back of interpoint pages. I remember this very clearly since I made the mistake.

DBT 10.5 SR1 was release in December, 2004 to fix that.

e-mail me directly at david@xxxxxxxxxx and I will help you with this issue.

-- David Holladay
Duxbury Systems

At 03:46 PM 6/25/2010, you wrote:
I am using duxbury version 10.5 with a Basic Index D embosser, and somehow settings either in duxbury or the embosser have gotten messed up. When I try to emboss, the odd pages emboss ok, but the even pages put a space between every line and lines break in the middle, there will be parts of lines, and words will break at the end of the line and part of the word will go down to the next line. I don't know if I'm having a duxbury problem or embosser problem.

I'm using the 8-1/2 by 11 inch paper. I think I need to go in and possibly reset some settings, but I don't know where to go to find out what the proper settings are supposed to be. Any suggestions?

Denise