[duxuser] Re: VersaPoint Duo problem

  • From: "Mark Mercer" <markm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 15:51:02 -0500

Hi Fina, Susie and All Concerned,

The recommended cleaning agent for this sensor (Honeywell HOA-1405-2) is
isopropanol (the main ingredient in rubbing alcohol) and is not as flammable
as denatured alcohol, believe me it will not attract dust if left to dry or
wiped with a clean cloth or dry Q-Tip before use.  Methanol (the main
ingredient in windshield washer fluid) is also recommended by the sensor
manufacturer.  Some denaturing agents combined with ethanol (good old grain
alcohol) to make denatured alcohol can cause harm to the lens of the sensor
or leave a film.  Radio Shack has a contact cleaner pen (part number 64-4341
made with 100% isopropyl alcohol) that would also work.  As would medical
alcohol 91% available in bottle or swabs from most drug stores this type
will evaporate faster.

Best Regards,
Mark
Engineer (Enabling Technologies Company)