[duxuser] Re: Trouble loading Word documents into DBT version 10.3

  • From: Anna K Byrne <annakb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 20:56:52 -0500

Try selecting the whole document and setting the font and font size uniformly throughout.

Good luck.

At 08:36 PM 6/22/2004, you wrote:

Good evening,

This morning I was trying to braille two agenda for different meetings. Both
were from the same source, both in Word 2000 I think, well that is the
version I had read them in, they came as attachments.

Having read them I Saved As: into the DBTDOCS directory and tried importing
them into DBT several times. On each occasion I got the famous Programme has
performed an illegal operation and will be shut down dialog. They assume you
will approve since the only choice is OK and away goes DBT.

This happened repeatedly. I assume there is something peculiar about the
documents in question but I don't know what it might be, perhaps some
formatting or something.

Each time I restarted DBT I got the message that there were files detected
from an earlier run, I tried both options, delete them or not but the result
was the same.

I have seen this before.

Any advice appreciated.

Dale Leavens, Cochrane Ontario
dleavens@xxxxxxx
     Home of the Polar Bear Express!

* * * * This message is via list duxuser at freelists.org. * To unsubscribe, send a blank message with * unsubscribe * as the subject to <duxuser-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You may also * subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and other subscription * options by visiting //www.freelists.org. The list archive * is also located there. * Duxbury Systems' web site is http://www.duxburysystems.com * * *