[duxuser] Tracked Word Documents

  • From: "Crystal Roy" <crystal.roy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Duxbury Users List" <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 10:52:30 -0500

Hello, Duxusers!  Last week I received a Word document to be brailled which I
opened both in DBTW and in Word so I could print it for reference in making
formatting decisions.  As I worked through the document in DBTW, I discovered
that there was text that had opened in DBTW that had not appeared in the copy
opened in Word ... and then later on, I found a couple of pages that had opened
in Word that did not appear in DBTW. I called the client who had sent the
document, and we determined that the discrepancies were probably due to the
fact that the document had been reviewed/edited using the Word tracking
feature.  Unfortunately, the client was not sufficiently familiar with the
tracking feature to be able to identify what specifically caused text to open
in one program and not the other.

I'm wondering if any of you have experience working with tracked documents, and
whether you could suggest some (hopefully simple) guidelines I could pass on to
clients who submit tracked documents to be brailled ... so as to avoid this
kind of situation in the future.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Crystal Roy
Braille Access Center