[duxuser] Re: Tiger.ini file missing?

  • From: "Lynda Brown Goleman" <lgoleman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 10:15:11 -0500

Nancy,

Did you ever figure out how to fix this problem?  I came across this post and
am having the same problem.  We have an Emprint and get the same message when
we try to emboss from Duxbury 10.7.  After the message comes up, and I click
ok, something will emboss but it is not right, I can't figure out what it is
embossing.  In the manual it says to change the Legacy Settings on the printer,
so I tried that, but still get the same message.

Please let me know if you were able to solve this problem.

Thanks,

Lynda Goleman
RRTC on Blindness and Low Vision
Mississippi State University

>>> "Nancy Roberts" <rynnac@xxxxxxxxx> 8/30/2008 1:38 AM >>>
We just updated our computer(s), AND updated to Duxbury 10.7 and are having
problems getting *anything* to emboss now.  I can't figure out if it is because
I loaded the embosser drivers after loading Duxbury or ???

I was finally able today to emboss from the tiger software suite, but still
unable to emboss from Duxbury.  I get an error saying that it unable to locate
the Tiger.ini file (or that it is missing) and that I will have to set up the
interpoint and ink settings myself in the printer configuration file (sorry if
this is not totally correct as it is about 7 hours later and I'm trying to
remember).  Then when I click on "ok" for that error message it comes up with
another box that says something about error, document did not emboss or
something of the like, but then the Tiger ProInk starts making all manner of
noise and spits out a sheet that actually has the ink part of the job on it,
but no embossing.  It actually doesn't sound quite as loud as when it is really
emobossing, but almost. <grin>

So, I am not sure why the tiger.ini file is not created or where it should be,
I tried looking in the Duxbury help files and didn't get very far.  I have
printed out the manual but thought I'd ask some of the list experts and find
out if perhaps I should reinstall Duxbury now that the Tiger drivers are
installed or if I have to creat the tiger.ini file (seems a bit archaic
especially since 10.7 said it supports the tiger) or ??

Cheers,

Nancy in Utah
nancy.roberts@xxxxxxx