[duxuser] Since we're on the subject of code suggestions ...

  • From: "Caroline Congdon" <carolinecongdon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 08:23:41 -0600

Hi everyone.  Since we're talking about Duxbury codes I wanted to add a
suggestion of my own.  A while ago on this list I brought up the problem of
long web addresses not breaking correctly, with the continuation sign being
inserted.  I received several good suggestions for this problem.  But, I'm
wondering if it would be possible to have a factory-made code so this will
no longer be an issue.  To summarize this problem again for those who may
not have been following that thread, here was my problem.

I create handouts that contain useful web addresses and other things that
need to use the compinline style code which is all ready a fixed code from
within Duxbury.  However, when using this code, many times lines are broken
anywhere, and no braille continuation sign is used to let people know that
the information is beginning again on the next line.  So, although the
compinline is useful for short things that will remain on one line, would it
be possible to include a second, more advanced code, that would make the
translation of long URLs more straight forward?  Please feel free to write
me if I'm not making myself clear.  Again, I was given several very good
suggestions and have gotten things to work now, but I'm thinking of ways to
make it easier without having to modify styles and the like.  Thanks.

Caroline

Caroline Congdon; Milwaukee, Wisconsin
HYPERLINK
"mailto:carolinecongdon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"mailto:carolinecongdon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx