[duxuser] Re: SMALL PROBLEM

  • From: "David P. Rosenfeld" <drosenfe@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 10:21:03 -0500

Hello, George.

NO, this isn't a bug.  The tables are doing what they are supposed to do.  The
French table is following the French language hyphenation convention, which is
less stringent than English concerning where you may hyphenate a word, and
therefore makes automated hyphenation easier to implement than would be the
case for English, since the software (or user) doesn't have to figure out
whether or not they are at a syllable boundary.  What I am saying to Doreen is
that if she is prepared to put up with occasional awkward placement of a
hyphen, she can have automated hyphenation by adopting the French table and
convention.

David R.

>>> info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 10/28/02 09:34am >>>
Hi David,

Could you elaborate on that please?  If it's a bug issue, then we need to
rattle someone's age, and make sure it's in the problem tracker database.

George Bell
Techno-Vision Systems Ltd