[duxuser] Re: SMALL PROBLEM

  • From: "David P. Rosenfeld" <drosenfe@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 10:08:35 -0500

Hello, George and Doreen.

The only problem with that solution is that you have to know in advance which
words will be in the "hot zone" so that they need to be hyphenated.  The French
table solution also has the drawback that it might occasionally hyphenate at a
point in the word that, for English, is awkward, because it breaks a syllable
in half.  However, it has the virtue of being automatic, and is smart enough to
break line if too few spaces are left to justify hyphenation.

David Rosenfeld, City of Toronto

>>> info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 10/28/02 04:44am >>>
Hi Susan,

You'll find details of this in 10.4's Help, in The Menus, Document, then Hyphen
table.

Essentially, it you place a hyphen or dash (-) where you wish the word to be
split, and have "Dashes & Hyphens" checked, it will do what you want.

So if you write "insig-nificant" it will end the line with "insig-" (i.e. ends
with dots 3,6) and put "nificant" on the next line.

George Bell
Techno-Vision Systems Ltd