[duxuser] Re: Reverse translation software

  • From: "Blake, J (Tapton - Staff)" <JBlake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 09:46:11 +0100

George should be able to guide you!

http://www.techno-vision.co.uk/obr.htm

From: duxuser-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:duxuser-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Holly Guinan
Sent: 30 May 2012 23:51
To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [duxuser] Reverse translation software

A couple of years ago I saw a software demonstrated at CSUN conference which
purported to take hardcopy braille,   place it on scanner bed,  software took
image of dots,  translated dot patterns into print text.  The version I saw
demo'ed was specifically for Nemeth,  but it recognized the difference between
Nemeth and literary.  I forget the name of the software,  the company that made
it,  and everything else except the fact that the team came out of Texas.
Anybody know what I'm talking about?  Does Dux produce anything that takes
hardcopy braille on paper and reverse translates it?  Thanks in advance,  -Holly

Tapton School Academy Trust
Company registration number 7697171. Registered Office: England/Wales