[duxuser] Re: Representing bold in maths, when using MS-Word, MathType, Swift, Duxbury DBT...

  • From: Caryn Navy <caryn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Donald Winiecki <dwiniecki@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 11:41:00 -0400

Hello Don.

I recommend that you try the style called Vector-Matrix.

All the best,

Caryn

--
Caryn Navy
Duxbury Systems, Inc.

On 6/11/2020 11:23 AM, Donald Winiecki wrote:

Hi,

I am using MS-Word, MathType, Swift, and Duxbury DBT (v 12.2) to produce a set of worksheets for a university student in a matrix algebra class. At this level of mathematics it is common for certain symbols to be bolded, so this must be carried into the transcription.

The transcriptions are being done using Nemeth in UEB context.

In MathType, it appears that bolding is to be accomplished using a user-defined style. In my case this has been produced as "style 1". When the MathType is represented graphically in MS-Word, the bolding is clearly displayed. However, when using Swift to move the file into Duxbury DBT and into braille, this style is displayed not as the appropriate bold indicator but as a Nemeth "#1".

This leads to the question, how can I produce the bold formatting in MathType such that it is properly converted to the appropriate indicators in Duxbury DBT?

Best wishes,

_don

This email has been scanned by the Symantec Email Security.cloud service.
For more information please visit http://www.symanteccloud.com