[duxuser] Question about use of guide dots

  • From: "Deborah Barnes" <dbarnes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 09:32:32 -0500

Hi to everyone,

I have a question about the use of guide dots.

I was given a document to transcribe and it has a list of items, kind of
like a Table of Contents, with guide dots and a page number.  They used
something that makes the characters come out as periods when transcribed.
Is there a way I can replace all the periods with an appropriate dot 5 but
to search and replace?  There aren't the same number of periods so I can't
say search for . . .  ... because there may be more or less periods.

Also, when I do it manually, it puts back in one or two periods at the end
prior to the page number.  If I delete the period, then it deletes the
alt-F7 command.  I am having some glitches with my computer/Duxbury/Jaws
lately so it may be my computer but thought I'd ask anyway.

Thanks,

Deb B.