[duxuser] Re: Print Documents with Simbraille

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 22:39:42 -0000

Hi Denise,

In short, "Yes!"

However, be aware that Word is not a braille translation
package in itself.

Word is totally incapable of producing anything but the most
basic braille, simply by changing the font.

So, if you type the number 1, all you will get is a lower
braille letter a.

But type a # followed by a letter a, and bingo, you have
number one in braille.

So here's how I cheat, if that's the right term, to get
proper grade 2 braille into a Word document.

1)  Type what you want to have in Word in DBT.

2)  Translate.

3)  In the translated file, copy and paste the text in to
Word.

4)  Apply the Simbraille (or Braille) Font to the pasted
text.

5)  Compare DBT's braille to Word's braille, since you may
have to add hard returns and odd spaces.