[duxuser] Re: Most efficient medium-size braille embosser.

  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 09:18:19 -0400

Hello Paul,
I agree with you that embossers are not affordable for the average
consumer. The least expensive model I know of is the FS Braille Blazer
which works very nicely as a producer of cassette labels. I wouldn't
want to depend on it for anything but the shortest of documents since it
needs a rest after ten to 15 pages of embossing. And it costs over
$1000.00 I'm afraid those wanting and needing Braille embossers are
victims of a capitolist system that punishes small markets.
I know that some public libraries in larger cities have Braille
embossers that patrons can use. We have such a set up at the Boston
Public Library.
IT's either that option if it is available to you or start licking the
boots of rich grantors.
Well, time to pull myself up by the boot straps like a good American
individualist. LOL>
Bob hachey
PS I used to think that one of the purposes of government was to
mitigate against disadvantages such as disability. In the area of
Braille, the government has much mitigating to do.