[duxuser] Re: Math Symbols as Words

  • From: Lloyd Rasmussen <lras@xxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 10:20:56 -0400

Next time this comes up, try the "vernacular" code, [vrn], I think. Look it up in the codes reference; I don't have DBT working here. I think that a value of 1 relaxes some of the rules, and 0 is more strict.

At 06:13 AM 6/18/2004 -0700, you wrote:

I have been asked by a number opf people in my area to voice a serious complaint with Duxbury concerning its changing symbols, such as "greater-than" to words, to supposedly conform to literary braille.
This is truluy a nuisance, especially in material about HTML, but it crops up in email and other places where it is truly annoying.
What is Duxbury Systems doing to deal with this problem? Note that with Megadots one doesn 't have these problems.
Thanks.
--Daveed--
East Bay Center for the Blind

... Creating implements of mass instruction.
Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Staff Engineer
National Library Service f/t Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress (202) 707-0535 <http://www.loc.gov/nls/z3986>
HOME: <http://lras.home.sprynet.com>
The opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of NLS.