[duxuser] Inserting Print Page Numbers, Line Codes

  • From: "Rick Boggess" <rboggess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 09:46:30 -0500

I recently had occasion to insert print page numbers into a document
using alt-enter.  I thought I was to type in the page number after
pressing alt-enter and then right arrow to get outside the brackets.
However, I could not do this; I had to press enter.  As a result I got a
blank line after the line of dots with the page number.  What is the
proper procedure?

Could someone please elaborate on the difference between the "l" and "p"
line codes?  Pleas give specifics as to when you use each.  Are there
times they can be used interchangeably?  Also, isn't there a line code
that is "<" or ">"?

Rick Boggess