[duxuser] Re: Index Everest-D embosser and DBT 10.5

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 11:16:38 +0100

Hi Terri,

I have exactly the same problem here with a Version 2 Basic
"D".  I had however (as someone later suggested here)
changed it to a model 2 Index embosser, but still got the "

I have also tried using a Generic Interpoint, via a
Generic/Text Only printer driver.  That did finally emboss,
but threw one or two unacceptable wobblies on the way.  I
hasten to add that I was attempting to emboss a 108 page
file.

Sad to say I'm embossing OK with 10.4 - same job.

Unfortunately it's a holiday on Monday, but hopefully on
Tuesday we can investigate this further with Duxbury when we
can supply whatever information is required to diagnose the
problem.

George.

Pannett
> Sent: 04 September 2004 06:41
> To: Duxbury Users' List
> Subject: [duxuser] Index Everest-D embosser and DBT 10.5
>
> Hi,
>
> I installed DBT 10.5 into my PC.  For some unknown reason,
my
> Index Everest-D embosser won't emboss.  As far as I know,
> have the global settings set right, but one of two things
> happens:  I hear, "Everest ready,"
> and nothing embosses; or I get an error message saying
> "failed to emboss."
>
> Can anyone help with this?
>
> Terri Pannett, Amateur Radio call sign KF6CA.  Army MARS
call
> sign AAT9PX, California

> * as the subject to <duxuser-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You
may also
> * subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and other
subscription
> * options by visiting //www.freelists.org.  The list
archive
http://www.duxburysystems.com