[duxuser] Re: How to show print page numbers automatically in brailled document

  • From: m.l.stark@xxxxxxx
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 19:03:21 +0000

You make reference to both print and braille page numbers, but it isn't clear
if you want both to show on the braille copy of the novel.  Typically, the
print page indicator [an unspaced line of dots 3-6 followed by the new print
page number] is used only when print page numbers are shown in the braille
copy.

In 10.4, to determine when and where page numbers will appear, go to Document,
then to Page Numbering.  In this chart you can indicate the location first for
braille page numbers on even pages [none, upper left, upper right, lower left,
lower right]. You can then make the same choice for braille page numbers on odd
pages and then reference page (print page) numbers on even and odd pages.

I don't think Duxbury will automatically insert the print page indicator unless
you have selected print page numbering to show on at least one page (typically
the odd pages if you are preparing a document for interpoint embossing).  If
you want to use braille page numbering only, you may have to insert a line of
dots 306 manually every time you want to indicate a print page break.

Mary Lou Stark
NLS/BPH
The Library of Congress