[duxuser] Re: HTML and Line Breaks

  • From: Dave Durber <dadurber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 23:52:12 -0500

Hello Caroline:

I prepare all of the source materials for the eventual braille files
in DBT's print text editor.  I have 3 styles that take care of all my
computer braille needs.  They are "cbi" (renamed from "compinline"),
which stans for computer braille code with indicators, "cbi-long",
which is the same style with the additional word-wrapping codes that
will solve your problem and "cbc" which takes care of computer braille
code that must be treated as a separate style in its own right.  I use
"cbi" and "cbi-long" within bodies of text such as paragraphs and
lists.

If I were you, I would create a new style, calling it
"compinline-long", for example.

Before you create the style, switch on reveal codes.

In the "Begin Codes" edit field, type <CTRL+LEFT SQUARE BRACKET>, cbi,
<RIGHT ARROW>, <CTRL+LEFT SQUARE BRACKET>, wb hyphen cb

In the "End Codes" edit field, type: <CTRL+LEFT SQUARE BRACKET>, wb,
<RIGHT ARROW>, txi

Press the <ENTER> key to accept the settings for this style and return
you to the document.

It is important that the code which switches from one grade of braille
to another is the first code in the style and that the code that
switches to another grade of braille or back to the original grade of
braille is the last code in the style.

godd luck!

Dave Durber

To apply the style, highlight the url address and select the new style
in the usual way.