[duxuser] DBTWin 10.5 and ET embosser

  • From: "Gates Miskovsky" <gator_bass@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 20:17:08 -0500

Hello all

Just rethinking the way I've always done things...

We've always installed an Enabling ET by creating a generic text printer
through the Windows printers facility.  Then had DBT "print" to that windows
device.

Now I notice that by default a new installation of DBTWin 10.5 prints to the
port chosen durring installation.

Is it still prefferable to create the generic text printer for the ET setup?

Obviously, if the embosser is going to be used over a network, it must be
installed as a windows device.  However, is this still the optimum set-up
for a stand-alone system?

Best regards

Gator