[duxuser] Re: DBT 10.5 and the apostrophe

  • From: "Susan Stageberg" <stageberg.susan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 08:34:45 -0600

Carmella, In Word, uncheck the box that says "replace straight quotes with
smart quotes." You're getting those funky looking apostrophes because Word is
putting a fancy symbol in there instead of the apostrophe. In fact, I uncheck
all that "AutoFormat as You Type" nonsense. I don't need Bill Gates to format
for me.

Susie

Susie Stageberg
Reader Advisor
Iowa Library for the Blind and physically Handicapped
(515) 281-1325
stageberg.susan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx