[duxhelp] another Scientific Notebook handling issue

  • From: "Joanmarie Diggs" <joanmarie.diggs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 15:12:41 -0400

Hi again.  As long as you are considering how DBT imports lists from
Scientific Notebook, I figured I'd toss out the following discovery for your
consideration.  But first a quick disclaimer:

To paraphrase Shaw:  Those who can do math, do math. Those who can't (but
who can do technology) teach TVIs how to use Scientific Notebook. :)

I'm looking at the book Learning the Nemeth Braille Code (1987).  Based on
the examples on pages 62 and 71, it seems that DBT does not correctly handle
primes (the apostrophes; not the numbers) when there is also a subscript
involved.  So x' is rendered correctly, but x'(sub1) is not.  See attached.

Thanks and take care.
Joanie