[duxhelp] Re: Search & Replace revisited

  • From: Susan <chrn3292@xxxxxxx>
  • To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 20:42:25 -0500

As a source of information, MegaDots is programmed to automatically
recognize any "word" with www, http, or @ as CBC, and the appropriate
markup is applied at the time of translation ... it's not necessary to
mark the word as CBC (equivalent to compinline, or compdisplay if the
web/e-mail address is the only thing in the paragraph). Would this be
possible with DBT? And not to be greedy (who me?), it would be cool if
it could be recognized at the time of importing a Word file ...

Susan

George Bell wrote on 4/26/2005, 5:08 PM:

I suspect this is probably going to have to be a future feature request,
but here goes.

We regularly have to transcribe plain text documents with large numbers
of e-mail and web addresses.

Applying the compinline Style dozens and dozens of times is a real time
consuming pain.

Currently we can do series of Search & Replaces in DBT.

Look for ".uk " and replace with ".uk[ee~compinline] " -(note the spaces
following) Look for "http:" and replace with [es~compinline]http:" Look
for "e-mail: " and replace with "e-mail: [es~compinline]"

On the other hand, if it were possible to do a search for say, "http"
and/or "www", or "@", select the whole word/string, and apply the
compinline Style, it would save us hours of work a month.

Perhaps the nature of our work is unusual, or perhaps there is a better
way of doing this within DBT itself.

I have potentially worked out a way to do this in Word with a Macro,

Does anyone else have this issue to deal with?