[duxhelp] Re: Jumpping display

  • From: "Peter Sullivan" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 13:30:10 -0400

Betsy,

OK.  This is beginning to sound like an instance of our problem #1798.  The
good news is that it is already fixed.  The bad news (so far) is that I had
not planned on incorporating the fix into SR1 because I thought that the
problem was also found with equal frequency in DBT 10.6 and also surmised
that it must be quite rare.  But your experience suggests otherwise.

I'm going to ask some people here to double-check my assumptions and tests
about this problem.  And we'll consider rolling out yet-another build for
testing.  Nothing much is going to happen on that front until next week,
however.  I'm already comfortably at home enjoying the first snow cover of
the year.

In the meantime, I suggest that you try hitting Alt-F3 twice each time you
get back to a document -- either by switching windows through the view menu
or by closing one document to land in another.  Hitting Alt-F3 twice should
prevent the problem if you're really encountering what I suspect you are.