[duxhelp] Fw: Re: DBT 10.5 SR2 is ready for beta testing

  • From: "Susan A. Osterhaus" <osterhauss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 02:00:39 -0600

Peter,

Although you have fixed many of my very specific math problems from long
ago, I still don't see fixes for the following.  I've attached a Scientific
Notebook (SNB) file containing the desired math symbols, a file with the
incorrect Nemeth translation in DBT, and a file with the correct Nemeth .

1. Does not translate arcs named with two or three letters. The SNB arc
symbol I used is from the decoration icon on the Math Objects toolbar. This
worked with the original MAVIS LaTeX converter. Are you using something else
for the arc? If so, no one can find it. [Thanks SO MUCH for adding back the
ability to use the decoration icon for absolute value. I did find the
obscure shift of the "\" (that is "|") on the keyboard that worked and told
as many people as I could, but using the decoration icon is much more
intuitive.]
2. Line XY and ray AB are not translating correctly. On the line XY,  you
need to replace the 8th cell with dots 2,4,6 instead of dots 1,4,6. On the
ray AB, you need to use the superscribed arrow barbed at right not the
superscribed arrow dotted at left and barbed at right.
3. When stating one angle or one triangle is congruent to another, no space
is created between the first angle or triangle and the congruent sign.

What can I do to twist your arm regarding translating matrices and data
tables? The MAVIS LaTeX converter was able to do these, and it really was so
very helpful and time-saving.

Susan