[duxhelp] Re: DBT and Windows 2000 Professional

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 09:48:55 +0100

Hi Antoine,

I suspect you may need to install Service Pack 3.  See the following KB
Article, of which I've extracted the relevant section below.

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 324953
List of Security Fixes in Windows 2000 Service Pack 3
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324953&Product=win2000

When you use the UserAllInformation level to set passwords, you are successful
if you pass password information in clear text, but if you try to use LM OWF,
you receive an Access Denied error (error code 5).
Invalid Entry in Certificate Store Causes Event ID 1008