[duxhelp] Crash of DBT with a style replacement

  • From: "Christian Coudert" <ch.coudert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 12:39:41 +0200

Hello all:

These are my handlings. Tell me if I am wrong in any of them.

1. I download the MS Word file from the URL
http://www.icchp.org/general/downloads.html

2. I import my file (named ICCHP program.doc) into DBT choosing "British no
capitals" and accepts the MS Word type by pressing OK.

3. I press Alt+1 since I wish uncontracted braille (I can read English
contracted braille but my readers do not).

4. I do not appreciate that several lines have been surrounded by the
<compinline> and </compinline> style and decide to replace this style with
nothing. For this purpose I do the following:

5. Alt+F3 for Coded view.

6. F6 for Search/Replace.

7. In the "Find" field, I type:
compinline

8. In the "Replace with" field, I leave an empty string.

9. I tick the checkbox "Replace stylename".

10. When clicking on OK, I get the following message:
"There is no style defined with the name "compinline". Are you sure you want to
replace all occurrences of the style "compinline" with "compinline"?

11. I click Yes.

12. In the next window, I click on "All" to replace all "compinline" strings.

And then, DBT crashes like a plane in distress...
Alt+F4 produces no effect. The efficient solution is the famous Ctrl+Alt+Del!

I attach this Word file, in case anybody would like to test.

I'm looking forward to reading your comments.

Christian