[duxhelp] Re: Beta Installation & XP SP2

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 18:23:09 +0100

Peter,

I know you don't sign autobuilds, but just
mentioned it in view of your comment, "It's very
hard to tell from here, because I see neither
warning that there is no signature, nor
confirmation that there is one.

Of Peter Sullivan
> Sent: 08 July 2004 18:09
> To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [duxhelp] Re: Beta Installation & XP
SP2

> George,
>
> We don't sign autobuilds.  Applying digital
signatures is
> something that we've left as a manual step for
security reasons.

Of George Bell
> Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2004 1:12 PM
> To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [duxhelp] Re: Beta Installation & XP
SP2

> The Autobuild on my SP2 XP Pro at Home certainly
barks at me
> for lack of Digital Signature.  The virgin XP
Pro at the
> office didn't bark with the Beta, though I have
yet activate
> and run the program in anger.
>
> See message coming about NETINST.
>
> George.

NETINST.  It's
> been rewritten
> > completely since beta 3.  (That's right -- all
of the old
> code tossed,
> > and new code written from scratch.) It's
actually just SETUP copied
> > and renamed, but we had to add a lot of code
to SETUP to make it
> > function in either capacity.
> >
> > As for the report about XP, does this mean
that you believe the
> > digital signature is OK?  It's very hard to
tell from here,
> because I
> > see neither warning that there is no
signature, nor
> confirmation that
> > there is one.  I have signed SETUP.EXE (rather

> > SETUP-DBT-BETA20040706.EXE), and will have to
get in touch with
> > Verisign if this turns out not to be working
as it should.

> > - Peter

Behalf Of George Bell
> > Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2004 12:38 PM
> > To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Subject: [duxhelp] Beta Installation & XP SP2
> >
> > Hi Peter,
> >
> > You'll be delighted to know that Beta 4
installed OK as a
> demo on to a
> > virgin Windows XP Professional system with the
latest Release
> > candidate of Service Pack 2.
> >
> > (Let me know if you want me to activate in any
particular way
> > - I usually copy my license over, and
re-install, but that
> may not be
> > the best for
> > testing)
> >
> > It's also gone on to my XP Home laptop, though
I was
> confused by being
> > told that it was de-activating, since once
installed, both Beta and
> > Autobuild appear to run OK.
> >
> > I still don't know why on my XP Home laptop it
does not
> default check
> > the SWIFT or BANA Template option, nor if
checked does it
> error, and
> > nor does it install those Templates into
Word's structure.

> > W 2003 Server next as well as a netinst, so
standbye.

> > George.
> >
> > * * *
> > * This message is via list duxhelp at
freelists.org.
<duxhelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You may also
> > * subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation
mode and other
//www.freelists.org.  The list archive
http://www.duxburysystems.com