[dungeoncrawl] Re: No discussion today

  • From: Johnathan Detrick <jdetrick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dungeoncrawl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 07:04:12 -0500

    I have to say something else about the extended version, since Keith
mentioned it.  The extra time with Gimli was well worth it.  His reaction to
Galadriel was somewhat glossed over originally, and by focusing on it more in
the extended version, he comes off as a much more developed character.
    I don't know about Boromir.  I'm not saying you couldn't do it, but he's not
quite a Jim character in my mind.  Honestly (and this could be an interesting
discussion thread), I could see you playing Strider/Aragorn before Boromir.
Someone born to power who doesn't want it, someone stuck in a love affair that
is forbidden, someone forced into playing the leader and being the gruff strong
guy all the time.  It's part of Ambrosia, part of Kage...  The only problem is
that Strider doesn't have much of a sense of humor.  But then, neither does
Kage.
    I do agree that you could play Merry or Pippin.  They just scream  "Jim
character!!!!"  :)