[drivingpairs] two vs 4 wheels in the woods

  • From: Stephanie <ssher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 08:54:44 -0400

Yesterday we drove our large pony (Icelandic) to a Meadowbrook on trails at our local park. It was a fairly difficult trail, up and down hills and winding through the trees, and we were with riders, so it was a very fast drive too. We were really cantering a lot of the time to keep up, and the surface was rough, to the point of getting bounced up off the seat several inches. Our pony was performing wonderfully, but was pretty tired after an hour and a half or two of this. The question is, if we had taken our 4-wheeled vehicle and pair of ponies, would the higher vehicle have been more unstable than the Meadowbrook?
Stephanie
Blasted Rock Farm