[drivingpairs] Re: the big boys

  • From: Dianne Setterington <pagan_amber@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 17:38:47 +0000 (GMT)

Why do you think i like my friesians so much.  No white!!!

  I will post pics and such of the carriage and horses at the weekend as i am
at work at the moment for those who were interested in my carriage and asked
for more details etc.  I am sure i have more detailed pics.

  I would love to live in the Amish community.  Imagine no rat race, transport
by horse, idyllic don't you think.

  Regards
  Dianne Setterington

N2Horsn@xxxxxxx wrote:
  Yes the video was very cool.  The music made them seem even more awesome.
How do they lift those huge harnesses on them?  In sections.  The hardest part
is the scotch collar.  I was told they can weigh about 75 pounds alone.  Then
they put the hames and tugs (traces with heel chains), saddle, breeching, etc.
on separately.  Sure, it's a lot of harness to clean, but chrome is SO much
easier to keep polished and shiny than brass.  The hardest cleaning job the
draft drivers have is the ones who have white feathers to clean (Shires and
Clydes).   They bring rubber mats to stand them on, they soap and scrub and
powder and brush and on and on and on...

~cheers,
       Wendy
www.martiniranchcarriages.com

 Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Yahoo! Mail - quick, easy
and free. Do it now...